West Coast Strength & Conditioning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crossfit shoe advice

3 posters

Go down

Crossfit shoe advice Empty Crossfit shoe advice

Post by NRE1212 3/6/2013, 9:21 am

I have been shopping around and see there are many different shoes and MANY different prices. Is there a certain show that anyone would recommend? A personal issue I have is weak ankles and the shoes I have now,nike free run, have little to no structure in the ankle area.

Any suggestions?

NRE1212

Back to top Go down

Crossfit shoe advice Empty Re: Crossfit shoe advice

Post by Colin 3/6/2013, 12:35 pm

Hey NRE (what's your real name?),

Personally I like the Reebok Nanos for crossfit training, so maybe you can try those on at Sports Chalet to see if you like them. But they still don't have a ton of structure for the ankle, and I actually wouldn't suggest getting a shoe that does as they will also limit your ankle mobility. Restricting your ankle mobility can cause some other issues over time, so ideally we don't want to do that if we can help it.

I'd like you to work on doing some exercises to help build strength in your ankles. There are tons of very simple ankle strength and stability exercises that you can find online or by asking a coach. If you happen to live close to the beach, going on daily or weekly walks on the soft sand works great.
Colin
Colin
Admin

http://westcoastsc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NRE1212 3/7/2013, 9:20 am

Thanks Colin!

I'm Natalie. I will look in to those shoes. I was leaning towards them but wasnt sure.

I will also look in to the ankle exercises so it doesnt become a bigger issue Smile

thanks for your help!

Natalie

NRE1212

Back to top Go down

Post by steph 3/7/2013, 9:45 am

Natalie, I totally agree with Colin on this. I have pretty bad ankles as well; when I started CrossFit, I wore an ankle brace on my left ankle. I would definitely suggest working on developing better ankle mobility and increasing strength through that new range of motion. Next time I see you, grab me, and I will show you some good exercises to do. Also, the Nanos are great. They are very stable, but will not restrict your mobility in any detrimental way.
~steph

steph

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down