West Coast Strength & Conditioning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip tear - labral superior

2 posters

Go down

Hip tear - labral superior Empty Hip tear - labral superior

Post by RachelB 3/11/2013, 1:09 pm

Started having hip pain last August, and in December, it was diagnosed as a tear in the labral superior. My current course of treatment is to have steroid injections shot into the damaged area to promote the healing process. Had the first one done on Friday. It was pretty painful, and my doctor said that I might have to do this at least three times before they'll recommend surgery. I'm trying to avoid all of this obviously, but I'm not sure how to "rest" my hip. Running more than 400m at a time quickly aggravates it, so I've stayed away from that over the last few months, but it still hasn't healed. My doctors have no idea what Crossfit is, and just tell me not to run, but I'm worried that I'm reinjurying it through certain movements, and I'm just not aware what they might be. I don't know how this injury happened, so I can't pinpoint that. I started going through all of our movements this weekend that involve the hips, and it seemed really lengthy: squats, box jumps, all lifts from the ground, running, rowing, air dyne, burpees, rope climbs, Kipping?, lunges, bear crawls, sit ups, kettle bell swings, etc, etc, etc!! Any thoughts on what I should do?

RachelB

Back to top Go down

Hip tear - labral superior Empty Re: Hip tear - labral superior

Post by Colin 3/11/2013, 4:35 pm

Probably be very conservative with any sort of squatting. Focus on upper body development, core, non-painful lower body stuff (bending mostly, like deadlifts, hang power cleans, etc...).

The key to remember is DO NOT DO ANYTHING that causes pain.
Colin
Colin
Admin

http://westcoastsc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum